CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love is...

For my February bulletin board I asked the students to think about what love really is. At first this was a bit hard for them to not want to say, "my mom loves me," but after my examples they seemed to understand it better. They had to brainstorm 5 examples or proofs of love in the EJs (Everything journals) and then they did their sloppy copies on the paper below. After we checked them for spelling and grammar errors, they wrote up their final copies on the paper below. I also had them color the border in and make big hearts to glue the final copies onto. They turned out great! Some of the sweetest ones: "Love is my mom staying home to make soup for me when I am sick." "Love is my brother sharing his last snack with me." "Love is my aunt adopting me." <--- Breaks my heart both for its sadness and joy.

0 comments: