I have been greatly inspired to create my own blog after gaining so many wonderful ideas from other blog masters. I am a newlywed since July 2010, a mom to an adorable 5 year old super mixed breed dog, and I am a teacher in my 2nd year in second grade.
However I taught first grade for four years before I was "promoted". I loved first grade and will never disagree that it is the most challenging grade, but Second grade is amazing! The students are able to do so much more independently and LOVE to read since it's not a struggle for them anymore.
I am on day 4 of my summer vacation and I have discovered some things.
1. My dog, Roofio, is my best friend and she likes to sleep most of the day. I try to get her to wake up by taking several long walks, but when we return, she goes back to sleep. I imagine I am cramping her style. - SIDENOTE- Yesterday while on one of our infamous walks, the sky opened up and we had to sprint back to our house in what can only be described as a monsoon of wind and rain. Roofio was soaking wet and of course, she was groomed the day before.
2. I love Pixiwoo and thank the world for bringing those amazing women to me. Watching them apply makeup is like having someone cut your hair. It is the most relaxing feeling in the world. It helps that no matter what makeup they decide to do, in the end it ALWAYS looks amazing. My birthday wish is to visit them in the UK and have them do my makeup.
3. I am a very creative person who just hasn't began creating much. I have a list of all the things I am going to create this summer including a paper organizer for my classroom and a rosette wreath for my door.
4. My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE show is So You Think You Can Dance! It has been for years and when the summer ends I think I am more sad about the show ending. If you have never watched it before, this is the season to start. They are all quite fabulous. If you become as obsessed as me, go on youtube and type in SYTYCD and a sea of videos will appear. I have too many favorites to name but when you start watching them, you will become addicted to it in the best way. SERIOUSLY WATCH IT!
5. I have begun reading A Tale of Two Cities and I am not smart enough to read it. I have always wanted to read this book with its historical and romantic ties, how could it not be PERFECT for me? Well, while I read it and have to look up words I don't know or I have to read a sentence and translate it the way one does with a college textbook. So far I am about 20 pages in and although its kinda tricky for me, I will finish it! -SIDENOTE- I just finished reading One Day. I saw that it was coming out as a movie this summer so I picked up a copy and began reading. It was great and immediately upon finishing I went on imdb.com and watched the trailers. I love Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess, who are playing the leads, so I am excited for August 19th.
As my summer trails on I am sure more discoveries will be made. Tally-Ho :)