CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

80s Day- Delayed January Post

A few months ago my friend, who teaches first grade, and I decided we didn't want to do the 100th day, but celebrate our generation, the 80s! Then came one cold winter day when I discovered Mrs. Perry's 80s day blog at and I was greatly inspired. We asked both our classes to dress up as if it was the 1980s and gave some suggestions. We decorated the rooms with our favorite movie posters, asked families and faculty to bring in classic 80s photos, and any other great 80s memorabilia. What an awesome turnout we had! We had some great outfits and styles of the 80s and our families and staff dug out some great photos. One of my co-workers saved tons of great toys such as Pound Puppies and 80s Happy Meal toys. I had no problem finding my Cabbage Patch and Teddy Ruxpin dolls, either. To make it even better, my parent volunteer made cupcakes in the shape of a Pacman gameboard. Can't wait to make this day bigger and better next year!

See some of the pictures below!