CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 29, 2011

So Proud

For the month of April my students worked very hard on writing similes. They really seemed to understand the concept and some went waaaay beyond my expectations. For the April bulletin board, the students used an outline I created with about 10 basic color words and wrote a simile for each color. Then they typed their poems on the computer and inserted a picture to match their writing. They demonstrated many computer processing skills using Word, such as indenting, changing the font and size, inserting clip art. Afterwards they made a duck or bunny and glued their poems onto the body part. (This idea came from Mrs. Smith, a teacher at Union Hill School. She had amazing pictures of BBs in her school. I made my own patterns looking at her duck examples. To her... THANK YOU SO MUCH) Of course the boys picked the duck and the girls picked the bunny. The main BB was made using graphics purchased from Scrappin' Doddles. I freehanded my own 'bigger' versions.

0 comments: