I will first state I am NOT an expert. However I have been teaching for 6 years now, so I do have some tips to offer.
1. Take time to laugh every day with your students in some way. Tell jokes, sing or dance.
2. When you feel your patience is wearing thin, walk out into the hallway, take a deep breathe, and come back in, ready to begin again.
3. Teach the students to make mistakes and then move on. Then, as the teacher, make lots of mistakes and move on.
4. Do not buy everything you want. Teachers tend to go through their classrooms in the beginning of the year and get rid of things they don't want or need. One man's trash, is another man's treasure is so true!
5. Borrow as much as you can from other teachers and then give THEM the credit. It's the worst feeling when one is not appreciated for their hard work. Don't forget to also share your fabulous ideas!
Goal Setting Made Easy!
2 months ago